Wednesday, May 09, 2012

TAKING MY LEAVE OF TIREE

Good morning everyone.  In a very short time I will be heading off to catch the ferry.  From Oban I will travel tonight to Fort William where I will spend the evening in the Glen Nevis SYHA.  Tomorrow, Thursday, I will get the bus from Fort William to Dornie where I will overnight at the Dornie Hotel.  On Friday, the walk across the Highlands of Scotland en route to St Cyrus and Montrose will begin.

For those who are interested, here is my route:

1.     Dornie - Bealach Na Sroine
2.   - Glen Affric SYHA (the most remote hostel in Scotland, I believe)
3.   - Dundereggan
4.   - Fort Augustus
5.   - Garva Bridge
6.   - Kingussie
7.   - White Bridge
8.   - Braemar
9.   - Ballater
10. - Tarfside
11. - St Cyrus

3 comments:

Betty Robertson said...

Good Luck and Good weather Gordon and hopefully no BLISTERS !!!!

gbt

Lybbe said...

I'm going to be following your progress as often as you're able to post. Look forward to updates!

Catriona Spink said...

Hey Gordon.my Grandad's family are from Montrose - my dad was born in Ferryden thus if you meet any Spink..folk say Hi from me - their fish is mightly tasty..good luck with the hike, may a many a nice day may you have :] Catz