Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SEASON 2011

Okay! So let's get this blog up and running again. (If this was a US drama we'd call this 'Season 2011.)

When I started my first Tiree news site - Isle of Tiree Online News - back in 1999 there was no web presence with which Tiree folk at home and abroad (descendants of emigrants for example) could look to the internet and see what was going on. Eventually, Isle of Tiree Online News grew in popularity where it received over 3000 hits a month.  The URL was sold quite a number of years ago after the site ran its course and I decided to move on to other things.

Since then, and until relatively recently, I've blogged on and off and tried to disseminate information and news about Tiree.  But everyone and everything has caught up. Tiree is now served very well on the 'net by An Tisideach Online, not to mention all the Tirisdeeach you can find on Facebook, Twitter and a whole host of other social networking outlets.

So my Isle of Tiree Diary will become ... well, a personal blog from now on.  What's happening in my life, what I'm thinking about, the challenges I set myself and so on.

I remain available to anyone who wants to email me requesting information about Tiree.

I will now set myself the task of writing something here everyday. 

--
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )

No comments: