Sunday, March 27, 2011

SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY

The car is in the garage, meaning I had to cycle to Boot Camp on Saturday morning. There.'s nothing wrong with this. It meant I got an extra special work out. The round trip was about 7.5 miles.

I ran 2.4 miles on the road in the company of Jackie Jones. We covered 2.4 miles in just over 28 minutes and we were both pleased with this. This is the fastest I've run on the road in ages. My thigh injury has been keeping me back. Hopefully, this run signifies the turnaround.

After the run we did about twenty minutes of circuit training in An Talla itself.

Thing is, when I got home I really felt like I didn't want to do anything for the rest of the day. It was a very sunny day and all I wanted to do was laze about the sun or amble along the road with Hector.

Meantime, Catriona took Jo across to the Co-op at Scarinish to get in some supplies. Tomorrow I'll borrow Andy's car and get some more shopping in.

I'm still not missing the car as such but I'm starting to get a little anxious about the bill. The car's been getting worked on since Thursday or Friday and there's no word yet of when it will be ready. I am full of foreboding.

John in Glasgow has sent me up the latest backing track for a song we're working on and I need to turn my attention to laying down some vocals. We'll be playing together at a gig in Glasgow early in May. This will be the first time we've shared a stage in 31 years and we're looking forward to it a lot. The songs we wrote back in the day have become a little famous in an underground kind of way. It'll be nice to try out new material on the audience. We're playing a support role so no real pressure.--
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )

No comments: