Friday, March 25, 2011

ONE DOG AND HIS MAN

Just as his helicopter is about to crash in the film A Life Acquatic, Bill Murray's character says, with great understatement, 'This is going to hurt.'

There was no word from the garage yesterday regarding my sick car. I have a feeling, though, that this is going to hurt  too. I'll phone in a wee while and get a progress report.

In the meantime I've been pottering about, doing this and that.

Yesterday I took Hector for his first real run on the road. I have one of those spring loaded leads that lengthen or shorten depending on how far or near the dog is. It came in useful, especially when Hector had to stop for a sniff and a pee.

People passing in their cars only had eyes for Hector. They hardly looked at me - but hey, who can blame them?

Last night it was off to circuit training at An Talla. It's good to have Will back and to see young Maurice there with his Mum and Dad. Maurice - Will and Becky's baby - just lay there and watched as we worked ourselves into a lather working through the exercises Will set for us. He was perfectly content and the object of a lot of attention.

The rest of the evening was spent at home catching up with my Sons of Anarchy DVD's and watching James Cracknell almost kill himself running the Marathon des Sables. Fair play to him, he finished 12th, the highest British finisher ever.

This morning I'm sitting outside with Hector and Guinness (next door's doggie). It's still a bit overcast but the forecast is good. Not much of a breeze either. I tried to be a good boy and hang out the washing while Jo got ready for work. All she did was come out and take over from me. This, by the way, is the lady who says 'you do nothing around here'.

Ye cannae win!

--
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )

No comments: