Friday, April 30, 2010

TOUR OF THE NORTH: FOLLOW MY JOURNEY ON FACEBOOK

This is just a short post to say that the staff holiday is over and normal service will resume here at the Blog in a week or so.

This weekend I'm heading off to the mainland with the intention of doing a cycling trip in the far north of our beloved country. My itinerary will be:

Monday 3rd        Inverness to Ullapool
Tuesday 4th       Ullapool to Scourie
Wednesday 5th  Scourie to Tongue
Thursday 6th      Tongue to Bonar Bridge
Friday 7th          Bonar Bridge to Inverness

It's a journey of about 250 miles over 5 days and should be easily achievable. There is a catch, though. Although I do a bit of running I've not actually done much work on my bike since last year! So, if a knee pops or a muscle goes 'twang' I may be back sooner than I thought.

I'm staying in Hostels for the most part because it's cheaper but more importantly you meet a lot of fellow travellers from all over the world and the craic is usually quite good.

I'll be sending text and picture updates on Facebook so if you want to keep track of what I'm doing you can follow me at www.facebook.com/gdwscott  If you're registered with Facebook you can send me replies and words of encouragement if you feel so minded. In fact, I'd really like that.


1 comment:

義珊 said...

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦........................................