Friday, March 05, 2010

IS IT NECESSARY FOR JETS TO FLY SO LOW OVER TIREE?

PLEASE NOTE THIS MEETING HAS BEEN  CANCELLED.

Only the other day, as I watched a jet go over our house, this very question popped into my head. Then, by coincidence, I saw a notice up on the notice board at MacLeod's shop announcing a forthcoming meeting on this very subject.

The Tiree S.W.R.I. have arranged for someone from the R.A.F. - a Squadron Leader, I think the notice said - to visit Tiree, give (I presume) a justification for the low flying and to answer questions at a public meeting.

The meeting will be held in the small hall of An Talla on Friday 26th March, beginning at 7:30 pm.

5 comments:

踢人 said...

無一事而不學,無一時而不學,無一處而不學。........................................

Janis Cuevas said...

If they are still flying low over Tiree in November my son will be there with his camera!!!

Anonymous said...

They should be able to do what ever they want to do. It's a bit pathetic that people have started to complain about this issue when it has been happening for years without any problems. There is no harm in flying low whatsoever over somewhere like Tiree. It is good to see them flying over, visitors surely like that, as I can't imagine that many fighter jets fly over the cities. hehe. But yes, In my opinion, I think it's fine the way it is.

Yours Sincerely,

Anonymous ;)

Gordon Scott said...

THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED! Don't know why. Maybe the speaker felt out his plane or something ...

ヤフカテ said...

Too low, too noisy.