Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ben Cruachan


The weather has been relatively calm since last Thursday's Force 11 storm and this has meant getting out for miles and miles of walks with Hector and doing a bit of running (by way of 'getting back into it').

On the diet side of things, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I've cut out all alcohol in the past week. That's right, not even a beer and I must say I feel all the fitter for it.

The bad news is that I've been eating a lot of old rubbish. I mean, I hardly ever eat chocolate but for some reason this past week I've been snacking on Crunchie's and Picnic's like there's no tomorrow. I'm sure that'll pass.

All this, of course, is in aid of my getting fit for tackling what I hope will be a hefty number of Munro's in 2010. My plan at the moment is to start off with one or two close to hand.

So I thought I'd aim at taking on the Cruachan horseshoe walk which starts at the Pass of Bander.

Today's video is an excerpt from Muriel Gray's excellent 'Munro Show' which went out sometime in the 1990s (I can't remember when exactly).

Here, Muriel takes a walk up Ben Cruachan. When I come to do tackle this mountain I'll be taking the route to the east of the reservoir rather than the route west taken by Muriel.

2 comments:

被リンク said...

That's a good place for breathing fresh air and enjoy the nature green.

If can swin in the water, that'll be much better, but seems dangerous.

Gordon Scott said...

Can you can send me your email address please? Gordon