Sunday, December 20, 2009

OUR HOUSE IN THE SNOW: FLASHBACK TO THE YEAR 1999


I have always really liked the photograph, taken between Christmas 1999 and New Year 2000. I took it with a low quality digital camera - my first actually, and back then they were still a novelty.

As long as you don't zoom in to much it still looks quite decent. I remember taking Joanne to work on the day I took this picture. It took me almost two hours to get from Cornaigmore to Scarinish, a journey that usually takes me 8 minutes!

Today, here on the Isle of Tiree, it's absolutely freezing! 'Baltic', as they say! Hector is looking at my longingly, wondering why we've not been for our walk.  Just hang on a wee bit longer, Hector, it's bound to get a little bit warmer ... surely?

3 comments:

晚上 said...

困難要靠自己克服,障礙要靠自己衝破..................................................

Drusy said...

Its cold in London, you must be freezing! Have a great New Year Gordon! Thanks for the Christmas download!

Jakie said...

Wow, a white world together with a little sunshine. It is very nice. If possible, I really want to have a walk on the road. To breath, to feel,...