Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Pre-Departure Departure

And so, the day has rolled around, at last, for me to take my leave of Tiree for a couple of weeks. This is pre-departure departure day. Today I leave by ferry for Oban and will stay there overnight. Tomorrow, I will take the train to Glasgow for an overnight stay in the 'dear, green place'. On Thursday I fly out of Glasgow and the real departure takes place.

The worst part of all of this is leaving Joanne and Jenny and to be so far away from them, four and a half thousand miles or so. I am dreading having to say 'goodbye' (even I won't actually be saying that until some time on Thursday, when I fly from Heathrow).

I have reached my fund-raising target of £1,000 for Sense Scotland and it's all thanks to you, the people of Tiree and all my good friends world-wide who follow my blog, my Tweets and my Facebook ramblings. I can't thank you enough.

Okay: I'm hopeless at goodbyes. If I possibly can I'll do a couple of short blogs from wherever I am in the world. In the meantime, you all take care.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Best of luck Gordon!! May the wind be at your back.

Jen Brown (Toronto Canada)