Saturday, February 28, 2009

Curry Night on Tiree

Jo and I always enjoy visiting Fiona and Mark's Farmhouse Cafe in Balemartine.  We particularly enjoy a good bowl of soup at the cafe after one of our Saturday morning coastal walks.  So when we found out last week that Fiona and Mark were having a curry night we made a booking immediately.  We went down last night (it great to have somewhere new to 'eat out' on a February night on Tiree) and ate our fill.  Unfortunately - or fortunately, whatever way you look at it - the main course comprised a buffet where you helped yourself and went back for seconds if you so desired.  So I had beef Rogan Josh.  And when that was finished I had chicken Tikka Massala.  Along with an excellent starter and dessert we were well and truly stuffed by the time I hauled myself back behind the wheel of the car and took us home.

Earlier this week I joined up with Mabel Macarthur and a bunch of amateur Thespians at An Iodhlann.  Mabel is producing a series of short Gaelic plays and I'm glad to say I'm a member of the cast.  Before anyone gets the wrong idea my grasp of the Gaelic hasn't taken a quantum leap.  No: there's one English speaking part in the proceedings and your truly is occupying the role.  We had a lot of fun last week and I'm looking forward to being part of the production.  I don't think there is a date as yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do.

I attended the surgery last week to get the first of my vaccinations.  These were: diphtheria, tetanus and polio.  On Monday I get the vaccinations for Hepatitis A and Typhoid.  Hitherto, my trip to Nepal has seemed remote, unreal.  It's beginning to dawn on me that I'm really going - I'm really going to trek in Himalya.


Please support my efforts to raise funds for SenseScotland.org.uk when I trek to Everest Base Camp in April 2009.  Visit my site - www.tiree.blogspot.com - for details or donate online right now at http://www.justgiving.com/gordonEBC Thank you!

No comments: