Friday, December 12, 2008

Cold halts play

The best laid plans of mice and men, etc.  This was to be the week in which I did so much.  Last weekend, however, I contracted a bit of a sore throat and had to drop out of not one but two Defenders rehearsals.  By Wednesday I was feeling a lot better and did a run on the treadmill followed by a spinning session on the cycling machine.  That night I was due to go to the gym for the class with Will but by that time I was beginning to feel a little unwell again.  Yesterday I was just wiped out with a head cold and last night was really rough.  I was really glad to see the clock finally crawl round to 'getting up time',  Today will be a day of lying on the couch with a quilt on top of me, watching endless repeats on Sky and feeling sorry for myself.

Today I had intended to put up posters for The Defenders gig but that's not going to happen.

But I can announce that that the gig will be on 2nd January at An Talla.  Further details when I have them.

I suppose it's better to have been ill now rather than a couple of weeks down the line when the gig is approaching.  At the moment I am aiming my sights on being ready for our first full-scale rehearsal on Sunday night.  Andy, our drummer, is back with us and the four of us are really looking forward to making some real noise together.

No comments: