Friday, December 05, 2008

Celebrity

It's coming on 8:30 in the evening and yes I am sitting on the couch waiting for 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here' to start.  I'm usually not the kind of guy who gets suckered into watching these daft reality game shows but this one has been a corker.  Like most other people, I suppose, I'm rooting for Joe but, as I pointed out to Joanne last night, there are a lot of Trekkies out there so don't be surprised if George stages a major upset.  You heard it hear first.

An early morning call from Fifi this morning to ask if I wouldn't mind giving her a hand to muck out the byre.  No problem.  I know this stuff is really a bit of a chore to the crofting folks on Tiree, a way of life, nothing special; but to me it's all a bit of an adventure.  Fifi was going to be late arriving so I went in, moved the calf from one pen to another and got on with it.  By the time Fifi got there I had nearly finished.

I may have said this before but I feel like I've finally discovered my vocation in life and it's shovelling s***!  I really seem to have a knack for it.

Thereafter I came back home and installed a new light fitting in the living room without electrocuting myself or setting fire to the house.  Seriously, it was one of those fiddly jobs but I got there in the end.  More of this type of job tomorrow.

You may be surprised to hear that I still haven't finished off the new drive.  There isn't all that much to do.  We were going well until the guys came to put in the new kitchen.  We kind of stalled after that and there's no excuse for not getting it done other than that the weather hasn't been all that great recently.  But we have couple of days of grace, weather-wise, so ...

We brought a lovely Christmas tree back from the mainland.  Really, I'd say it's the nicest real tree we've ever had.  We put it up in the stand today and Joanne has begun the work of decoration.  I usually leave all that to Jenny and Joanne.  I just don't have the eye for it.  When it's finished I'll post a photograph.

Anyway ... 'Celebrity' has started.  Got to go!

--
Gordon D. W. Scott
www.tiree.blogspot.com
Twitter ID: gdwscott

No comments: