Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bright Lights, Big City

We're back. As anticipated, we left Tiree with very little and came back struggling for space in the car. Once again, mission accomplished. We got the tree, we got our presents. We even managed to make it through the bitter cold. Now we're back in our own wee But 'n Ben in Cornaigmore.

Oddly enough I didn't have to scrape the windscreen this morning even though I was up and out the door at 05.25. The weather was strangely mild and the temperature was up. I had expected to spend at least 15 minutes getting the car ready to move but it just wasn't the case and we got down to the pier in good time for the boat.

I was glad to see my cat, Connie. She was glad to see me too. Well, I suppose she was glad to see the others too. She had missed us so much, it was easy to see. She has done nothing apart from crave our attention all afternoon.

Yesterday morning I went for a walk while Jo was at the hairdressers. I took the picture of that vessel and Oban Cathedral at about 11 in the morning. It was a lovely crisp day. I was surprised to see so many tourists still in town. Hardy souls, they were out walking the esplanade and enjoying the views in the harbour and of the snow capped hills on Mull.

I got a 'tweet' the other day from a lady who lives in France by the name of Lesley Graham. She tells me that she went to Cornaigmore School until she was ten years of age. Lesley gave me the name of some of her childhood friends and I'll be looking them up for her and saying 'hello'. Talk about 'a small world'!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I hope they remember me!

J. Scott Cameron said...

welcome home gordo & co. beauty pic you took. sure makes me want to yonder back. all the best. i wonder if connie would like to meet my fish in the tank? ; ) slainte, scott

Jen said...

Lovely photo Gordon, makes me want to visit the island someday, all the more.