Thursday, August 02, 2007

Not so useless

Sometimes a certain amount of time has to elapse before you realise a great event has taken place. Today, Thursday, I suddenly realised what a momentous weekend I had. No, I'm not talking about Rona's fundraiser for The Beatson (the total of which is now running at over £4,000). This time, I'm talking about the fact that I managed to repair our washing machine and vacuum cleaner. I use the term 'repair' loosely. They weren't working properly but only because neither Joanne nor I had thought to clean the filters for quite some time. Credit where credit is due though: before last weekend I didn't know there was such a thing as a filter in a washing machine and the inner workings of the vacuum cleaner (which is the Dyson type) had gone clean over my head.

Oh and on Saturday I was wandering about Balephetish Bay with friends and the police, trying to relocate a 'bomb' the former had found. It turned out to be the starter engine for a World War Two aircraft. That was one job I kept well away from!

1 comment:

janis cuevas said...

Amazing what still washes up on the beaches. I remember finding a bottle with a message in it on Crossapol beach. It had been tossed overboard by an American sailor. But, that was a long time ago.