Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mary Stewart (among other things)

A couple of days back there was a posting in 'comments' asking if the rotting ship in Scarinish was still there. At the time I couldn't remember the name of ship. It came back to me in a flash last night as I was driving towards Scarinish - it's The Mary Stewart, of course. Thanks to Janis who also posted the name in 'comments' and also reminded me of Jim Murdoch's brilliant Tiree site, www.tireeimages.com Not only can you see a photograph of what remains of The Mary Stewart many other great pics from the 'sunshine isle'.

Sunny it certainly has been this week. This morning as I write it's a little more overcast. But the weather has been wonderful.

I know I'm getting on a bit: when talking about the weather I have actually started saying to people, "this is the kind of summer we used to get when I was a child".

Next week I am on holiday. I am heading up to Inverness with Joanne. Joanne is really enjoying her new job and she has to go up to Inverness for training. I thought to myself, what the heck, I'll come with you.

I haven't been in Inverness for a few years. It's a great place and I'm looking forward to having a bit of a wander about, take in a few sights, do a little running. I may be able to blog if I get to an Internet cafe (do they still call them that? And while we're on the subject of the current name for a similar thing, what's the difference between a 'disco' and a 'club'?)

It's always the same when a holiday beckons: the days at work beforehand drag and you'd rather be anywhere else.

3 comments:

Janis Cuevas said...

I think I'm old enough to say the difference between a club and a disco is the big rotating glitter-ball! Enjoy your time in Inverness.

Jeffers said...

FWIW: ( for what it's worth!)
Went to Inverness in '97. Visited Fort George. Amazing place - go there if you can !

J. Scott Cameron said...

you two kids have a blast in inverness. that is where i bought my chanter...in the music shoppe on the west side of the bridge..later on the east side i craved my initials in the fresh cement until i got in shite! ... lol. thereafter i went to the local thrift shoppe to buy a tartan suitcase to bring home my scottish ditties...books, rocks, etc. ... bought a music book too on that side of towne. have fun g&j!