Sunday, May 20, 2007

Longing for July


Joanne and I are really looking forward to our holiday in July.


The holiday has a theme, you see. I can hear it but I can't exactly describe it to you.


You'll remember how I told you about making contact with my long-lost relatives in Suffolk and Dover? And then my cousin in Wales? And my cousin in Australia?


You know, they say you can choose your friends, but not your relatives. I would have to admit I've never been a great guy for keeping in touch with my folks.


However, I'm just enthralled by the family contacts I have made over the past two years.


The weird thing about all of this is that it's my Father's side of the family that is falling into place here.


And it's bringing me contentment.


Tonight I got an email from my cousin in Dover. I have never met Jeff. Neither of us knew we existed until two years ago.


This talented and innovative photographer, knowing that we are on holiday to coincide with our wedding anniversary he and his friends have re-scheduled a BBQ meet from June to the 21st July - overlooking Dover - which ties in with our visit and anniverary.


Now, how nice is that?

No comments: