Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tracks


Hi Guys. After that music video blog you probably don't need to hear this from the Isle of Tiree, but I've recently put another couple of tracks online. Believe me, these are better!


My fascination with American roots music continues. I've recorded a track called 'Vigilante Man', written by Woody Guthrie. This great song from the depression tells a desperate tale which is familiar with anyone who has read John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath, or who has seen the movie of the same name. Spine chilling stuff.
That's Woody in the photograph. A great influence on Bob Dylan.
There's two versions online: one is slightly shorter for broadcast purposes. The other features the noise of my wife walking about upstairs. Well, there's spontaneity for you: I just picked up the guitar and turned on the recorder and away we went!


The other song I just put online was a Hank Williams' song called I Saw The Light. I love this song: it reminds me so much of my quasi-Pentecostal upbringing. I nearly added a track of clapping.


You can access these tracks by clicking on the link top right.

No comments: