Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ebenezer Hall


Hi Folks! I had hoped to do some video blogging this weekend but the weather has taken a turn for the worse. All day long - at least here in Cornaigmore - it's been misty, wet and a little windy. I didn't even manage to pull myself outside to get some exercise so now I feel like the weekend has been a bit of waste of time.

However, one thing I did manage to get done this weekend was finish off a song I've been working on for about three weeks. It's called 'Ebenezer Hall'.

When I was a kid my parents sent me to Salvation Army Sunday School. This is what this song is basically about. Only thing is that I couldn't get 'Salvation Army' to work in to the melody so I used the name of the Brethren Hall down the road from where the Army hall was.

I've tried to recreate the sounds and feelings of those times, away back in the early 1960s. I think it's possibly the best track I've put down since I started learning how to record music on my laptop.

You can hear Ebenezer Hall by clicking the link, top right. The song is at the bottom of the list.

No comments: