Tuesday, February 20, 2007

All things must pass.

Photograph by Paul Bowman. Copyright Chris Bowman. All Rights Reserved.
Well folks I'm glad to say that so far the feedback from my first attempt at video blogging seems to have gone down well. It was all a bit rudimentary and I promise that next time should be a little better. It's very likely actually that the next video blog will come from my 'study'. I'll be going over a bit of Tiree news from the last edition of An Tirisdeach, telling you about a little present I got in the post from Los Angeles and telling you more about the picture above.

Just to give you a little bit of detail though I will tell you that the young lad on the left is me. The guy on the right is called Paul Bowman. I'll be telling you more about Paul in the next video. The photograph, by the way, was taken probably in 1981 in Tam Park's Bar in Wishaw (my home town).

In those days women were not allowed to enter. There was only one toilet in the place and that was for gentlemen. Ladies who wanted to consume alcohol on the premises did so in a 'snug' lounge outside the main bar area.

We knew at the time that wasn't right. (The term 'politically incorrect' wasn't in circulation, of course.) But it was a great wee pub to go to. The atmosphere was always great and those little booths where this photograph was taken was great for a night out with the boys.

So anyway, as I say, more of Paul in the next video blog. And this guy:

Photograph by Paul Bowman. Copyright Chris Bowman. All Rights Reserved.

Looks a bit nasty, doesn't he? Like a hit-man. Or a young Irish poet.

Yes, it's me. Compare this with the old guy who was talking to you by video blog a couple of days ago. Ah, youth is fleeting.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: