Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Still no cat

Still no Connie. I don’t know how many times I have been out and about today looking for her. Listen – I know that cats do this from time to time. In fact Joanne reminded me today that she’s gone off on a long ‘vacation’ before. The last time she went away – so Joanne says – she was gone for a week.

I hate this. After the last cat died – Dibble, who came to a messy end in the field opposite when he got taken out by a tractor that was grass cutting – I swore I would never get so attached to any animal. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Anyway, here we are in front of the television, with my Celtic top on, watching Copenhagen V. Celtic in the Champions League. If the Celts win this game they will win their group. That would be quite an achievement.

21.16: Celtic score their first goal. Now it’s only 3 – 1 to Copenhagen. Things are so bad I’ve started plunking away on my guitar, working some more on the current track.

I like being on holiday on Tiree. The reason I mention this is because your first instinct as a Tiree resident is to make for the mainland when you get the chance.

But when I stay here when on holiday I get a taste of what it must feel like – for instance – to retire here.

Carefree. Calm. Serendipitous.

If only I could find my bloody cat.

2 comments:

J. Scott Cameron said...

Gordon, no doubt everyone hopes you find Connie the Cat. We might be able to help, but we need to know what we are looking for. How about a posting a photo of Connie?

Gordon Scott said...

Good suggestion, Scott. Have done so in the latest posting.