Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Farewell to The Defenders; Aviemore Apology; My Music Online

Well folks, this is a sad one. After a lot of soul searching and procrastination I have decided to leave The Defenders.

Between writing a book, recording a CD, learning French, attending drama lessons, trying to run a half marathon and keeping up my cycling I am simply unable to give the guys (and gal!) the commitment they require.

On the plus side, The Defenders will not 'cease to be'. Their new singer is my very good friend Billy Byfield. Billy has been rehearsing with the band and hopefully it won't be too long before we hear news of up-coming gigs.

I've had a blast with the band. When I was much younger I played in bands - a lot of people have. But this band enabled me - a guy who is, let's admit it, getting a bit long in the tooth! - to live out his dream of performing with a top-notch rock band. I can honestly say that of all the bands I have played with in the past and out of all my public performances singing, The Defenders' gigs were the very best times I ever had. I don't know if that's good English but you get my drift.

I love the guys (and gal) in The Defenders with all my heart and I wish them every success in the future. Already I'm looking forward to seeing them as 'a punter'.

As for the promised Aviemore report - that should be along shortly. I haven't had a chance to draw breath since I got back. I can tell you however that I had a brilliant weekend and I'm looking forward to telling you all about it.

Returning to the music front for just a second I've begun posting my 'work in progress' on to the web. If you want to hear my strange take on country music you should click here. I'm making my music available on the Podsafe Music facility. As you will see the only track which is there at the moment is, indeed, Buddha Bill, the moral of which is that everything you do has a consequence. More will follow and I'll establish a permanent link as soon as I can. If you stick with me through my musical journey you'll soon realise that my music is just a tad off the wall.

All the best folks and goodnight from a wild night in Cornaigmore!

2 comments:

Lotte said...

EARTHQUAKE!
I just experienced my first earthquake - 6.1 on the richter scale. Teaching a class, the walls start to shake, and the ceiling falls in! I think I can safely say I don't want to experience it again.
Thankfully everyone is ok, and we have sent everyone home for the day...
The excitement just doesn't stop in Trinidad - LOL
TTFN

texafornia said...

I think you posting your works in progress on your blog is really cool! It's the best way to generate interest in your stuff. I'll be playing Buddha Bill on my next show. www.zentriathlon.com