Thursday, August 10, 2006

Two Pictures from Coll


Dig those crazy specs. Shades of Buddy? Bruce on the left playing a 50th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster

No one could accuse me of being an old fogie. The Defenders were rehearsing until almost midnight last night in An Talla. We were really in 'the zone' and ear-drum bursting songs like the Artic Monkey's I bet you look good on the dance floor had us all excited about how good it sounded. I just love being a 50 year old old guy still playing hard, fast and VERY LOUD rock music. I'm not one of those guys who thinks back to the days of The Rolling Stones or The Beatles and wishes music could be as good now as it was then: it is, believe me. In fact in many ways it is even better.

But I was really exhausted today. My boss was over from the mainland too. By about 5 o'clock I could hardly keep my eyes open and crashed out on the couch as soon as I got home.

So anyway, I got some pictures back from Coll. Most of them didn't turn out very well. Low light. That's me and Bruce at the top of this blog. And here's one which was taken at about 10 o'clock the morning after the gig. Believe me, none of us are as well as we look!

Bruce (lead guitar), Billy (roadie), Gordon (vocals, guitar) and Iain (bass guitar)

No comments: